Available: macOS, Windows, Android, Tablet
Kingsville is located in Essex County in southwestern Ontario, west of the Leamington, south of Lakeshore, southeast of Essex. It is primarily an agricultural community nestled along the north shore of Lake Erie. The terrain is generally flat, and consists of a mixture of various rocks, sand and clay. The town is about 570 feet above sea level. Kingsville is home to the Jack Miner Bird Sanctuary. Jack Miner was awarded The Order of the British Empire (OBE) for his achievements in conservation in the British Empire. Jack Miner is considered "the father of the conservation movement on the continent." The Town of Kingsville is rich in history and Victorian era architecture. Leamington is a located in Essex County, Ontario. It includes Point Pelee, the southernmost point of mainland Canada. Leamington became the home of the H. J. Heinz factory in 1908. The Heinz products were shipped from Leamington mostly to the United States. Ketchup and baby food were the main products. Leamington is known as the "Tomato Capital of Canada." The Heinz Company closed its plant in Leamington in 2014. Leamington was incorporated as a village in 1876. The community was named after Royal Leamington Spa in England. It was a crossroads hamlet with about 300 residents and was first known for its lumber products. There were several docks, and fish were plentiful in Lake Erie and sturgeon could be speared from the shore; fish was the cheapest food available. Leamington once had many tobacco farms but now they are gone. Blytheswood is a small community located in Essex County, in southwestern Ontario. The village is at the intersection of Highway 77 and Concession 8. Blytheswood's more recognized businesses are the Jones Popcorn family farm and Setterington's farm supply depot. Blytheswood and the surrounding area of Leamington are experiencing a boom in greenhouse development for agricultural products. King's Highway 77, commonly referred to as Highway 77, is a provincially maintained highway in the Canadian province of Ontario. One of three highways within Essex County, Highway 77 serves to interconnect Highway 3 near Leamington with Highway 401 near Tilbury. Due to the flat topography of Essex County, the land use surrounding Highway 77 is almost entirely agricultural. Soil conditions in Essex are ideal for farming. Many streams have been diverted to irrigate the farmland to either side of the highway. Highway 77 begins at the Leamington Bypass, north of the city of the same name. The western section of Highway 3 shares its eastern terminus with Highway 77; from there it travels west towards Windsor. Several greenhouses are visible near the southern end of the highway, a small percentage of the 610 hectares (1,500 acres) of land occupied by them in the Leamington area. The highway runs seven miles north through Mount Carmel and Blytheswood to the village of Staples, passes through Comber. Highway 401 provides access to Windsor and the United States to the west, and to the town of Tilbury and city of Chatham-Kent to the east. To the north, the road continues as Essex County Road 35 to Stoney Point on the shores of Lake Huron. Tilbury is located in the municipality of Chatham-Kent and is 26.5 kilometres southwest of Chatham and 57 kilometres east of Windsor on Highway 401. The nearby townships of Tilbury West in Essex County and Tilbury East in Kent County were named for the port of Tilbury in the English county of Essex. A settlement, called Henderson after the local postmaster, was established with the construction of the Canada Southern Railway in 1875. The name of the post office was changed to Tilbury Centre and later to Tilbury. Tilbury is famous for its murals which depict part of its history.
Product Details :